NOW WITH OVER 800 SHOWS FOR YOU TO LISTEN TO AND ENJOY


Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A Book and a Chat with Ashley Mackler-Paternostro

Hairstylist get told a lot of secrets, know a lot on stories and could write many a great book, Ashley Mackler-Paternostro my guest on today’s “A Book and a Chat” was a hairstylist by trade, Ashley will often say that some of the best stories she has ever heard were told to her while working behind the chair.

Her love of reading, a thought that came to her re her mother illness, and four months hard work, she has produced in “The Milestone Tapes”. This is a novel far more moving and heart touching than any story she might have heard during her days as a “behind the chair”.

Writing was always in her blood from the time she was a little girl always eager to say something, but until a trip to the Olympic Peninsula in the spring of 2011 she never had seen herself as an author.

As she says in her won words…

You know, it’s sort of cliche how this all started. I just turned 28 and my husband took me on vacation. I wasn’t at a crossroads in my life — at least, not that I was aware of, but I came home from Washington and was inspired, that place changed me. I had this story inside me and it was so loud … I couldn’t quiet it down, I simply had to tell it.

So, I sat down and just started writing. I didn’t even think about it. Once I hit 30,000 words I was like … oh … this is pretty serious. It felt really natural, as though this was just how it was supposed to be for me … so I let go and let the story unfold. I didn’t really worry about outlining, or plotting … now I know better. I ended up with this book about life and death and love and even I couldn’t believe it.”


About ”The Milestone Tapes”:

Jenna Chamberland never wanted anything more than to be a wife and mother. That is, until she realized that her life was ending after a three-year battle against breast cancer. Now, all she really wants is more time.

With 4,320 hours left to live, Jenna worries for her loved ones and what she knows awaits them on the other side: Gabe will have to make the slip from husband to widower, left alone to raise their seven-year-old daughter; Mia will be forced to cope with life without her mother by her side. In a moment of reflection, Jenna decides to record a set of audiocassettes — The Milestone Tapes – leaving her voice behind as a legacy for her daughter.

Nine years later, Mia is a precocious sixteen-year-old and her life is changing all around, all she wants is her mother. Through the tapes, Jenna’s voice returns to teach Mia the magic of life, her words showing her daughter how to spread her wings and embrace the coming challenges with humor, grace and hope.


As one hardened book reviewer put it..

"Ashley pulls no punches emotionally and The Milestone Tapes details clinically, precisely and elegantly the subject matter, and does so with a quiet grace that echoes the events it is portraying... made all the more tragic by the fact you *know* what's coming. I'm a bitter and jaded cynic hardened by years on the Internet, twisted and emotionless to my blackened and empty core, and yet... I found the quiet grace of Jenna's extremely well researched, tragically believable journey towards the untimely end of her life haunting and intensely emotional, especially the end of book."

THE MILESTONE TAPES is the journey of love between a parent and child, and of the bonds that holds them when life no longer can.

So listen now and share an interesting,and entertaining thirty minutes with my guest Ashley Mackler-Paternostro

If you have enjoyed the blog or the radio show, why not become a follower of the show?


Barry

Direct link to the show
A Book and a Chat with Ashley Mackler-Paternostro

or you can download the mp3 file of the show from
"Ashley Mackler-Paternostro"

You can find out more about my guest and their books at:"Ashley Mackler-Paternostro - The Milestone Tapes"

My new E-Book is available to download, for all of 99 cents at
"The Bathroom Book of Romance - Book 1"


Barry Eva (Storyheart)

My Blogs:

Book Information and Things UK - Across the Pond

Book and a Chat Radio Show Guests - A Book and a Chat

Funny, Weird Or Just Interesting News From Around the World - Laugh I Thought My Trousers Would Never dry

No comments: